Contract number — № 544126
Project code — TEMPUS-1-2013-1-ES-TEMPUS-JPHES
Grant coordinator — University of Alicante
UNIWORK aims to strengthen the links between universities and production. The project will contribute to the sustainable social and economic development of Central Asia (CA) through enhancing the capacity of HEIs to effectively promote the employment of graduates and enhance the entrepreneurship culture among students in accordance with the Bologna Principles and the Tempus priorities.
Selected objectives of the project:
- Transformation of the centers of vocational guidance of the 12 partner countries universities into effective tools for encouraging and supporting employment and entrepreneurship among students, as well as creating role models for other higher education institutions of the partner countries.
- Strengthening ties between higher education institutions and enterprises, developing tools and mechanisms to actively involve enterprises in the activities of career counseling centers (Cеее).
- UNIWORK is implemented by a consortium of universities, business associations and government bodies in higher education.
- The project will satisfy the urgent needs of universities and enterprises of Central Asia through:
Creation of a knowledge base and identification of best practices in Central Asia and the EU in the field of employment creation and stimulation of entrepreneurship. Expected results: publication of reports, including best practice guidance.
- Professional development of the staff of 12 centers of vocational guidance, which will benefit not only students, but also other universities in Central Asia. Expected results: creation of educational materials, electronic educational resources for students and employees.
- Strengthening the organizational potential of career counseling centers. Expected results: increase of organizational and technical potential of vocational guidance centers of 12 universities.
- Improvement of the quality of services provided to students. Expected results: organization of job fairs, competitions of business plans, services.
- Support and networking between stakeholders and building bridges between higher education and businesses.
- Conducting national and regional forums, creating working groups of stakeholders, associations of alumni, making policy recommendations.
- Dissemination of information on the results of the project as part of a strategic approach aimed at various target groups and stakeholders.
- "The activities and sustainable results of UNIWORK will benefit not only the 12 Central Asian universities directly involved in the project, but also other universities and stakeholders from the Central Asian region.