Sector of information and bibliographic processes and digitalization
Implementation of information and informational and reference bibliographical services to users in support of research, studying and educational activities.
The main tasks of the sector:
carrying out a set of information activities to provide information about the library fund, electronic resources to users, including new acquisitions;
Reference and bibliographic services for library users
- organization of the Online Help Service;
- replenishment of the database in the electronic file cabinet of newspaper and magazine articles;
- compilation of bibliographical indexes and lists of literature to support scientific and educational activities;
- compilation and maintenance of index cards: "Works of teachers of KU named after Sh.Ualikhanov,«KU named after Sh. Ualikhanov in the media»;
- organization and maintenance of the repository "Scientists of Sh.Ualikhanov KU"(replenishment and input of bio-bibliographic information about university scientists into electronic storage) on the university website
- making references (thematic, factographic, addressing and bibliographic, clarifying)
Providing library users with access to Internet resources, an electronic catalog, electronic information resources of the university in accordance with information requests.
- creation of the electronic catalog database;
- digitization of the book fund;
- building up electronic library resources;
- providing access to open, subscription-based electronic resources;
- monitoring and maintaining statistics on the use of the EDB.
Sector of information and bibliographic processes and digitalization is located in Building 2, 30 Temirbekova Street, room 110. Virtual library service is provided on WhatsApp number: 87052563865
Head of the informational and bibliographic sector: Iskakova Saltanat Esentaevna
Programmer for the organization and storage of electronic resources
- valeria@ shokan.edu.kz
The Science room of the Ualikhanov KU library is located in Building 2, room 324.
The main functions of the science room:
providing consultation for research work with abstracts and dissertations;
selecting and providing information for research work (access to the library's traditional fund and electronic resources: open, subscribed external full-text electronic databases);
providing open access to the collection of rare fund;
- informing and digitizing rare fund, abstracts;
- assignment of the LBC and UDC indexes.
virtual service for researchers is provided via a WhatsApp number: 8 705 256 38 65
Working hours: 9.00 - 18.00, lunch break 13.00-14.00
Days off: Saturday, Sunday