Registration number: «585761-EPP-1-2017-1-FI-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP
Increase of competence in sustainable waste management in universities of Russia and Kazakhstan / EduEnvi
The main goal of the project
is to modernize, improve accessibility and internationalize higher education in the field of physical sciences and environmental protection in Kazakhstan and Russia. This objective will be achieved by building the capacity of local academic staff (the project core group) in participating partner universities 1) in the field of sustainable waste management and 2) in the latest European pedagogical approaches. In addition, eight online learning modules will be built on sustainable waste management for the secondary target group, students and company / local / regional authorities.
- Through training sessions, the task force will review recent research, best practices and emerging technologies in Europe on sustainable waste management
- after training sessions and assessment of students, the teaching staff will be able to combine sectoral cooperation in defining competences in new curricula, as well as in recent approaches to curriculum development
- the task force will be able to integrate entrepreneurship and innovation into training modules
- the task force will be able to choose the pedagogically best suitable e-learning tools for each learning goal, including for joint knowledge level determination, brainstorming, feedback gathering, knowledge testing.
- based on the above knowledge will be able to create eight modules of online education on sustainable waste management (each university will build one or two modules of 6-9 ECTS)
The training provided for curriculum development, e-learning technologies and pedagogy will contribute to updating education for sustainable waste management in accordance with European and global standards. The new online learning modules will offer students flexible and inclusive training courses, the introduction of innovative methods and industrial and educational cooperation issues will provide students with the necessary skills and knowledge needed in production activities. These modules, as well as new and modernized curricula on sustainable waste management, built in the project, will provide training to graduate students, as well as consistent and continuous training for persons, employed in industry in the field of sustainable waste management to address environmental impacts in both partner countries. Closer cooperation of universities with industry and integration of cooperation between all universities in the training modules will start development of mutually beneficial innovations, new ways of cooperation and financing in the future.
You can find more information on our project website http://eduenvi.blogs.tamk.fi/